Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I get a replacement deadbolt?

My key broke off in my deadbolt, so I need a replacement. Currently, my key works in both the deadbolt and the doorknob, and I would like to be able to continue using one key for both. Is it possible to get a replacement deadbolt that would work with my current key or will I have to replace both the deadbolt and the doorknob?How do I get a replacement deadbolt?You can get a replacement at any hardware store or home center. Try to get the same brand as you have now, and they can rekey the lock to your key. Hope this helps.How do I get a replacement deadbolt?Get a coping saw blade, grind the side opposite the teeth to a point and try to remove the broken key. If you can not remove the key take it to a locksmith and he will remove it and you will have your lock back with the same key.