Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hypothyroid and Low Testosterone... how to get rid of 'man boobs?'?

Seriously. I have hypothyroid AND low testosterone... I'm 28 years old... I'm on hormone replacement for both, and I feel better health-wise since being on these treatments... but the physical symptoms I just can't seem to get rid of. I've tried everything. I used to excercise sternously regularly [I'm talking resistance training AND cardio... running 2 miles straight at least 4 or 5 nights a week]... I did that for months without significant results... I've tried special diets, etc. But I just can't seem to get rid of the pot belly and small man-boobs problem! So frustrating!



Is there anything I can do or should I just accept that due to my hormone issues I have to live like this forever?



Any tips on how to lose these embarassing features will be of great help.Hypothyroid and Low Testosterone... how to get rid of 'man boobs?'?Testosterone is a hormone that develops secondary male sexual characteristics such as body hair. It has nothing to do with your %26quot;man boobs%26quot;



Hypothyroidism, which I'm guessing you were diagnosed with due to your type of medication, will give you a modest weight gain. I'm guessing your medication is not sufficient and need a bigger dose. Talk to your doctor though before taking a stronger dose. Hypothyroidism is very serious and can result in heart failure or coma if not properly medicated.