Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I go about getting a replacement social security card?

My wallet was stolen. I've had my ID replaced but not my SS card. Does it cost anything to ask for a replacement? Is my driver's licence sufficient identification? Can they print me one on the same day or will I have to wait?How do I go about getting a replacement social security card?No charge to get your social security card replaced. My mom called social security to have her's replaced, and it usually takes about 2 weeks or 10 working days to receive. I went in to the social security office to have my name changed. They still mailed mine to me.How do I go about getting a replacement social security card?You must apply in person at your local Social Security Office. Be prepared to spend somt time there.How do I go about getting a replacement social security card?You will have to go to the court house to get your social security card...I think there is a small fee to get it. And u can't get it the same day, they send it to you.How do I go about getting a replacement social security card?You can get it on the same day if you go to your local social security office (at least mine did, in California)

I'm not sure but you might need your birth certificate besides your drivers license.

Call the 800 number for social security to check.How do I go about getting a replacement social security card?Go to www.SSA.gov,everything you need to know is on there. Good luck!



BTW - Their toll-free # is 1-800-772-1213.How do I go about getting a replacement social security card?your drivers license is sufficient to get a replacement SS card...they wont print one same day, you can get %26quot;proof%26quot; of applying for replacment if needed, but acutal card comes in mail in around 5-7 days..oh and there free no costHow do I go about getting a replacement social security card?Contact the Social Security Administration and tell them what you need. They will mail one to you, there is no cost. Go to ( www.ssa.gov ) and click onto %26quot; your number and card %26quot; for additional information also.How do I go about getting a replacement social security card?Go to the same place you got it or find out on the website below.How do I go about getting a replacement social security card?On Monday you can call the social security administration office. If you can't find the number in the blue pages of your phone book or call information in your area.. They are usually downtown. Then take what ID you have, birth certificate, etc and they will have you fill out a paper to get a new card ordered and they will mail it to you. Ask them to give you the SS fraud hotline number.. ( I have it at work and can't remember it right now) Call them and tell them your SS# was stolen and its possible someone may try and steal your identity. They will instruct you as what to do.. Call or write the 3 credit bureaus..Transunion..Equifax and Esperian and tell them to flag your account of possible identity fraud and have them put a password on your account. That way if the person who went to the trouble to steal your stuff decides to try and open up credit in your name they won't be able to. Protect yourself now.. You may not have anything to worry about but millions of people are having their lives turned up side down because of crooks doing this.. Good luckHow do I go about getting a replacement social security card?you can get a form at your local post office/or,



try www.socialsecurity.gov

not sure but you may be able to get it done onlineHow do I go about getting a replacement social security card?Do yo know your Social Security number just go in to the SS office and tell them your problem and you will be issued a new Social Security card. They know who you are on any your number and ID you show them, I don't know if they issue a new card immediately but they give a receipt and I think they do issue a replacement right then , while your there.How do I go about getting a replacement social security card?Call the Mexican Consulate