Friday, June 3, 2011

Lost my only key to my car, need a replacement, where do I buy a new one? How much is it about?

I know, this sounds really stupid but I lost the only key to my car, where can I get someone to make a new one? How does that work, do they have to come and like make a cast mold thing with the ignition or just need some serial numbers or something like that? I just bought the car and drove it home, I kept the key in my pocket and had to go to practice and I think it fell out of my pocket during practice and no one has found it I think the lawn mower ground it up so how much does it cost and where should I call? I bought it from a private party not like a dealer or anything it's a Chrysler New Yorker 1996, thanks so much.Lost my only key to my car, need a replacement, where do I buy a new one? How much is it about?I don't know how much it would cost, but I would call your local Chrysler dealer. I think they would be able to get a new key made if they know the VIN number.Lost my only key to my car, need a replacement, where do I buy a new one? How much is it about?Best to start by calling your car dealer.Lost my only key to my car, need a replacement, where do I buy a new one? How much is it about?If it's not a %26quot;smart%26quot; key, it's easy for a locksmith to make a replacement key for you. (AAA provides this service for a fee--about $100.)Lost my only key to my car, need a replacement, where do I buy a new one? How much is it about?You may be able to go to a Chrysler dealer and give them the Vin # along with proof you own the car and see if Chrysler keeps records back that far. Any Chrysler Dodge or Jeep dealer will do. you should probably call first and check other wise you will have to call a lock smith and have them remove the lock cylinder to make a new key around here it costs about $75 - $100Lost my only key to my car, need a replacement, where do I buy a new one? How much is it about?My first step would be to call a Chrysler dealer and ask them if they can give you a key code from your VIN number.If that's possible,then any locksmith should be able to make you a key.

If you can't do it that way,then either a locksmith or the dealer would have to replace the ignition switch.That would be an expensive thing!

Hope you have good luck and that my answer was helpful.Lost my only key to my car, need a replacement, where do I buy a new one? How much is it about?Take VIN number and proof of ownership--insurance card will have the VIN and your name---to a Chrysler dealer, they should be a able to cut a new key for it or try a locksmith. Few bucks for a regular key.