Friday, June 3, 2011

Where can I buy a replacement battery for my sony laptop?

I want to replace my Sony vgn nr285e laptop's battery but I am not sure how to find a replacement online. How do I know which battery to get? Any suggestions, besides ebay, where I could buy one?Where can I buy a replacement battery for my sony laptop?Yes, I would either remove and look closely at your current SONY battery fior model, part no# specifics and then verify info at Sony website so you now have better idea which SONY battery and the maximum price. Next you are ready to check EBAY for better deals but most important DO NOT BUY GENERIC or from overseas...



Below are some of Lessons Learned experience regarding buying a replacement Notebook PC battery, as my 1st Notebook PC (Gateway Pentium IV) which I had rarely used on battery power later went dead and was NOT ABLE to hold a charge. For some unexplained reason, my wife's Dell Latitude D600 during the same time never had a battery problem, I don't know why?



Anyway I first bought a so-called compatible/generic notebook battery (actually sold at TIGER DIRECT and manufactured in China) and I would strongly suggest you ONLY purchase an authentic genuine DELL Notebook PC battery with the DELL logo or P/N, otherwise you may experience incompatibility problems buying generic or supposely compatible batteries.



If you buy on-line, always ask for guaranteed compatibility and their return/refund procedures IN ADVANCE like I did, so I immediately contacted the Seller and provided SCREENSHOTS of no (zero% charging), had to pay the return postage to recover most of my costs, then ended up buying an original genuine battery and it worked!



The real compatibility tests is reflected in the CONTROL PANEL under POWER OPTIONS, then cIick on POWER METER and you will see a battery with the charging percentage %. If the battery is dead or incompatible then this power meter will sadly reflect zero (0%).



By the way, after I paid and got my new genuine Notebook Battery, then I kept the original dead battery on the PC battery compartment to prevent dust etc and kept the brand new one outside occasionally testing %26amp; re charging my brand new one.



FYI now I only own 3 Dell Notebook PCs, Latitude D800 which came with 2 nine cell batterries, but my 2 newest Latitude D620 and Inspiron E1505/6400 only have their one original -- and I don't remove it bec it's not worth the possibility of dust or whatever getting into the system...and would only do so, if I had an old dead one or bought a 2nd new one, then I might establish a rotation plan.



Hope the Above Info Helps and Best of Luck!Where can I buy a replacement battery for my sony laptop?First Look you laptop battery code such as VGP-BPS5 PCGA-BP2NX

that is you battery code ,than you can search the battery code

This website always sell replacement battery

http://www.lithium-batteries.net/laptop/

Try ..Where can I buy a replacement battery for my sony laptop?look on the battery it will have a part number - you local computer shop will be able to order one - or just seach under the part number in yahoo you will find lots of retailers - i have added a link as well to help you get the most from your new batteryWhere can I buy a replacement battery for my sony laptop?Go to the sony site and search the specs of your laptop that should tell you the replacement battery you need. You can probably order it from sony but I'd look on e-bay or maybe tigerdirect.comWhere can I buy a replacement battery for my sony laptop?Go to the Sony website. They sell batteries there.Where can I buy a replacement battery for my sony laptop?Google it. You'll find about a thousand places to buy one.Where can I buy a replacement battery for my sony laptop?sony webiste

if you want a cheaper one then ebay

a store that sells electronics might have them.

hope this helpsWhere can I buy a replacement battery for my sony laptop?or eBay, there are a lot of laptop part whole sellersWhere can I buy a replacement battery for my sony laptop?Sony's website would be a good place to start.