Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Can a woman wear high heels after a total hip replacement?

I'm 21 years old and diagnosed with avascular necrosis. I will have a total hip replacement within two months. I love to get dressed up and I want to update my style. I want to wear high heels more and have a classier style. I know I will have to recover from my procedure before I can do a lot of things.



Will I be able to wear high heels once I recover from my surgery?



About how long will it take before I can wear heels again?Can a woman wear high heels after a total hip replacement?Once you have fully (and I mean FULLY) recovered and rehabbed from your surgery, go ahead and try high heels for an occasion where you won't have to walk very far or stand very long. You may just decide that it's not worth it. I can wear up to a 2%26quot; heel with no problem although I've had both hips replaced. Just make sure that it's a comfortable shoe with good support if you're going to do much walking.Can a woman wear high heels after a total hip replacement?I wouldn't recommend it at all. Why take a chance at further injuring your hips? Perhaps in 6 months you can consider wearing heels, but no sooner then that. My %26quot;older%26quot; sister had the same surgery done last year at 25 and thought that 3months later she'd be fine to wear heels, she screwed up big time by attempting to work muscles that she hadn't used since the surgery.Can a woman wear high heels after a total hip replacement?Best to stay flat foot since your hip is all ready injured.
  • benefits from computer viruses
  • official myspace
  •