Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How can I find a replacement door for my scratched whirlpool stainless steel refrigerator?

I tried to rub off adhesive from tape and I rubbed an obvious discolored mark the size of a cup coaster onto the door of my refrigetrator. It is only a few months old and I can't stand it. My refigerator is a side by side Whirlpool (935 cu ft, I think?). The door with the discolor is the side with the ice maker. Where do I find replacement doors? What do I do? Thanks! How can I find a replacement door for my scratched whirlpool stainless steel refrigerator?Whirlpool has a web site for ordering parts, whirlpool.com, and there are dozens of aftermarket manufacturers that sell parts on-line. You should talk to the folks at your local hardware or appliance store first. I cannot believe there isn't a product available to restore the finish on your door. If you can %26quot;rub%26quot; a non-repairable blotch onto stainless steel, what is the purpose of stainless?How can I find a replacement door for my scratched whirlpool stainless steel refrigerator?A replacement door will not be a stock item at any appliance parts/repair shop. IF they can get one it will be a special order from Whirlpool and it will be VERY expensiveHow can I find a replacement door for my scratched whirlpool stainless steel refrigerator?Use whirlpool's store, as this may be expensive, you may also try other companies, or even look on eBay, if it is an up to date fridge.How can I find a replacement door for my scratched whirlpool stainless steel refrigerator?Go to a hardware store and see if they have something to repair it.If not , place a decortive magnet over it.How can I find a replacement door for my scratched whirlpool stainless steel refrigerator?If you did not use anything with grit in it I would try a cleaner or polish for SS to remove the mark first!