Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My furnace flue cap broke & will not clamp on flue. Where can I find a replacement or how can I rig it?

The flue cap got hit by hail and can only sitting on the flue. The wind blows it down. It doesn't screw on, it's held on by a clamp. I cannot find anywhere that sells replacement flue caps that clamp. I am open to rigging the cap so it will not blow off the flue in the wind.My furnace flue cap broke %26amp; will not clamp on flue. Where can I find a replacement or how can I rig it?Take what you have with you to an HVAC supplier in your area-they will be able to sell you a replacement or give you an option on installing a different type-one that you could successfully rig up. Be sure to measure the outside diameter of the flue pipe you're capping so you can be sure to get something that will fit it properly.My furnace flue cap broke %26amp; will not clamp on flue. Where can I find a replacement or how can I rig it?On the furnace or close by there usually is a sign or tag with the installers name. Contact them about a replacement.My furnace flue cap broke %26amp; will not clamp on flue. Where can I find a replacement or how can I rig it?Home depot in my area has them. inexpensive I might add. Take the old one with you to verify size. Another source would be a local heating agency. They may provide you one at a nominal cost. Rig it? Wire and/or foil type duct tape.My furnace flue cap broke %26amp; will not clamp on flue. Where can I find a replacement or how can I rig it?Use self tapping sheet metal screws to attach it to the top of the flue. This is the best long term solution. Most installers will do this on new installations for that very reason.My furnace flue cap broke %26amp; will not clamp on flue. Where can I find a replacement or how can I rig it?If it is a metal flue pipe use self tapping screws and they will hold longer than clamps.My furnace flue cap broke %26amp; will not clamp on flue. Where can I find a replacement or how can I rig it?home depot ...lowes any place of that nature, just bring the old one with you for size.My furnace flue cap broke %26amp; will not clamp on flue. Where can I find a replacement or how can I rig it?Maybe check the site belowMy furnace flue cap broke %26amp; will not clamp on flue. Where can I find a replacement or how can I rig it?It is riveted on by a rivet gun 2 pieces of 1%26quot; galvanized strap cut to length and rivet 4 to a side it will take about an hour and cost about 10.00 if you have to buy a rivet gunMy furnace flue cap broke %26amp; will not clamp on flue. Where can I find a replacement or how can I rig it?you will need to go to where they sell stove pipes and things, or go to a place that sell wood stoves and ask them
  • shared hosting
  • hairdresser using my own colour
  •