Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I install a replacement screen on my Dell Inspiron notebook?

My Dell Inspiron notebook has a broken screen. Well, I don't see anything crack or scratch, but the pixels are dead... according to a tech savvy friend of mine. I connected it to a projector and it was working fine, so I know there's nothing wrong with the rest of the computer.



I can't afford a replacement. This one is not old enough for me to do that just yet. How do I save money on one? Is e-bay a good source? What's an inverter? How difficult is it to replace on one's own, limited tech knowledge considered?How do I install a replacement screen on my Dell Inspiron notebook?I have the same problem with my Mac. I dropped it and ruined the screen (half is black the other half is fine). I took it to the Apple store and they said it would cost like a grand to fix. I ended up buying a new one, but I would love to fix the old one. Good question!!! and good luck!How do I install a replacement screen on my Dell Inspiron notebook?I think you need to replace the whole thing...but wait, is it still under warranty? If you bought it under a few years ago, Dell is probably forced to send you a new one free. DELL.com is the cheapest source I know of for buying decent notebooks. All other companies are more expensive than Dell. Hope this helps %26amp; have a great day :)

*****UPDATE*****

Yes! $300 is a lot cheaper than buying a whole new laptop for close to $1,000. I say getting that new screen would be ideal, but make sure it is the same size as your current monitor screen size. Then, read this article on the web to see how to replace your screen:

http://computershopper.com/howto/200701_

*****END OF UPDATE*****How do I install a replacement screen on my Dell Inspiron notebook?Thats one of the reasons the %26quot;dood you have a dell%26quot; line suddenly became joke!