Friday, September 23, 2011

My license, birth certificate and social security card were stolen, how do I get a replacement license?

I'm hoping when going to DMV I can provide some sort of other proof so I can just get a replacement drivers license. I got my picture on the license so I would think they can just verify that and I pay the fee. I've got military papers, but other than that I don't have much. I live in the state of Virginia. Any suggestions?My license, birth certificate and social security card were stolen, how do I get a replacement license?You need to protect yourself from Identity theft. You lost the most important Identification, where someone can assume your identification. You will need to call the Social Security Office in your area and report that you SS card was stolen. Then contact you State Office to also report that your birth certificate was stolen. Do the same with your driver's license. Then call the credit burial to report this and they will place a flag on your TRW(This is where your credit score is with), so that if anyone tries to use your Identity it will be flagged. Each place you report this too, can give you instruction on how and where and what you will need to replace your ID's.

I would do this ASAP.



Good LuckMy license, birth certificate and social security card were stolen, how do I get a replacement license?Unfortunately, it may not be that easy. Usually they will require the birth certificate and sometimes the SS card as well.Birth certificates can be obtained through the health department or hospital of the city or county where you were born. Most of the time it can be ordered online. Just do a search for the health department where you were born and they can probably lead you in the right direction. Once you get the birth certificate, then you can take that to the Social Security office to get a new card. After all that you will finally be able to get your license.

Of course, it may vary state to state, but that is the process is several states that I have lived in. Call your local DMV and ask them the specific policy in your area.



Good Luck!