Monday, September 19, 2011

How much of a meal may you eat before asking for a replacement due to a mistake with the food?

If I eat a meal at a restaurant that was prepared incorrectly or has some problem with it that requires me to send it back and have it remade, how much of that meal may I eat before sending it back for a replacement? Can I eat 1/4 and still expect a free replacement, or maybe eat 1/2 or 3/4 of it?How much of a meal may you eat before asking for a replacement due to a mistake with the food?If you're going to send it back, it should be after two or three bites at most. Any more and you're just mooching. If the food is bad and your server doesn't correct it, your meal should be comped (free) or you should be offered a dessert or a certificate for a return visit.How much of a meal may you eat before asking for a replacement due to a mistake with the food?If you are trying to do the correct thing, two bites should be sufficient to determine that you didn't get what you ordered.



If you are just trying to be a greedy mooch, a lot of restaurants try so hard to be accomodating of customers that they allow customers to walk all over their employees. So they might give you a replacement regardless of how much you ate. But don't try this scam in the same restaurant twice; they catch on quickly and bar people who try to scam them.How much of a meal may you eat before asking for a replacement due to a mistake with the food?The first thing you should do is look at your plate while the waiter is still at the table....if the food on it is not what you ordered, tell him immediately while you are handing him the plate back...



If I have ordered meat to be cooked a particular way....I will try to slice into the meat immediately....to see if the color is as I ordered....the initial slice should be in the center of the piece of meat...



If the meat is not cooked correctly....I summon the waiter and hand the plate back....before eating anything on it.



If the food is not the the food you ordered...or if the meat is not cooked to your specification.....these are two very easy things to ascertain immediately...and before you take a bite.



A lot of problems regarding food can be eliminated if one is very clear and specific when one is ordering the food.How much of a meal may you eat before asking for a replacement due to a mistake with the food?I never send my food back at a fast food place b/c I don't want to get a replacement Herpies burger. Now at a NICE resturant I would ask the manager to replace my food when it is noticed it is wrong before eating it or my money at the end of the mealHow much of a meal may you eat before asking for a replacement due to a mistake with the food?You must be that guy I sat near at a pizza place who had eaten most of his pizza before he bothered to tell the server that the toppings on it weren't correct...

He didn't seem too upset by the toppings while he was wolfing it down...