Friday, September 23, 2011

If I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?

Will I be able to use a shovel and dig new ground? How much pressure can someone with a hip replacement put on ti? Is it just like new?If I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?this would be a great question for your orthopaedic doc...but from what I remember, there are limitations post surgically as to how far you can flex the hip (usually no more than 90 degrees or else you risk dislocation). However, that may be something they recommend for only the first month or two and that you can resume full ROM once it's completely healed.



This doesn't answer this particular question, but it's a fairly good overview of hip replacement surgery.

http://www.healthpages.org/AHP/LIBRARY/HIf I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?With my 2 hip replacements, I cannot push a shovel into hard ground. I get someone else to do that part and I do the rest. Yes, it will feel like new once you've healed up and rehabbed the new hip. Your ROM should return and the 90 deg. restriction may be modified or even lifted.

Report Abuse

If I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?Get one and find out. Or just ask your doc.If I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?erm after a lot of years i would of thoughtIf I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?NoIf I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?no it still hurts but you can still do stuff. yes, you'll be able to do that but it might be sore afterward.



but honestly, it'll never be the same againIf I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?After therapy, you'll be as good as new.If I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?These are questions you need to discuss with your doctor.If I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?You could but be very careful. You don't want to re-injure your new hip.If I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?Better ask your Dr.

My dad had hip replacement surgery,and after awhile was back to his gardening.

Best wishes:)If I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?You should be able to do things you always did (only without pain). Recovery takes several weeks, so give yourself time to heal completely...then begin slowly getting back to your gardening. GodspeedIf I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?when you heal you will be as good as new but make sure you do your physical tharepy. ok?If I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?you can you cant put all that much pressure on it when you first get it, but over time you should be able to do everything you did before I would talk to your doctor aboutit though just to be sure he would know your restrictiond better than anyone here would.If I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?i think you should be able to and work in your garden. well......... of course after many months of recovery from surgery but eventually you should be able to go back to making ur garden look nice! hope i could help!If I have a hip replacement will I be able to work in my garden?You might need special tools, but you will be able to garden. There is a lady on one of my gardenning forums who has to use a motor-scooter to get around, but she thoroughly enjoys her plants. One thing she did was build raised beds so she wouldn't have to bend over. She also got a few tools for reaching.



I can't say about digging new ground.



Good luck!
  • caught by your spouse
  • graphics animation
  •