Friday, September 23, 2011

How much do you think a replacement processor (for a 2003 Sony Vaio) would cost around?

My desktop computer screen went blank so I brought it to Best Buy where they told me the processor/cpu burnt out and I need to order another one from the HP website or call them. When I called they were closed and dont re-open til monday. I tried going to their website but couldnt find what I was looking for. Does anyone have any idea how much it might cost to replace the processor?How much do you think a replacement processor (for a 2003 Sony Vaio) would cost around?Why would you contact HP for a processor for a Sony computer?, just seems odd to me. If you want to find out how much the processor would cost, find out your current process or mother board so that i can tell you what kind to get.How much do you think a replacement processor (for a 2003 Sony Vaio) would cost around?A computer that old, most likely less than a $100. You will need to find out if it is a Intel chip or an AMD. And you DO NOT have to buy it from SONY, they will over charge you for the part! Do a little research to find out what CPU you need then go to an online store like Newegg.com %26amp; buy the part.



Link to Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis



Good Luck!